Declines in death rates from most major causes — including heart disease and cancer — have
pushed Americans' life expectancy to a record 77.6 years. Women are still living longer than men,
but the gap is narrowing.
Try to guess what these words mean from reading the article.
New words you will see in this article:
1. What is the life expectancy rate in your country? For men / women?
2. As people live longer, what difficulties do they face?
3. What challenges must society face when dealing with a growing elderly population?
4. Who has the primary responsibility to care for senior citizens?
5. Who will take care of your parents (or grandparents) when they can no longer care for themselves?For Additional Practice
Pretend you are over 80 years old. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of living alone (in contrast to living with your children or in a nursing home).
design by web design company