Junk Food Ban
A bill to prohibit junk food sales in elementary schools and restrict them in higher grades
Try to guess what these words mean from reading the article.
If you need help, check out OneLook Dictionary Search
New words you will see in this article:
crack down on
fly in the face of (something)
1. Do you agree or disagree with the idea of banning junk food in public schools?
2. Should people have the right to consume whatever they want, even if it might be harmful to them?
3. Are school children mature enough to make their own decisions about what they will eat?
4. Who is most responsible for teenagers' health?
5. Should schools be allowed to accept money from businesses in exchange for promoting their products?
For More Practice
With a partner or in groups, debate the pros and cons of banning junk food in public schools.
design by web design company