Topic: Homework Lawsuit
Try to guess what these words mean from reading the article.
New words you will see in this article:
get (something) done
1. Do you think it is okay to go to court over "frivolous" matters?
2. Do teachers have a right to assign homework over the summer vacation?
3. Why do you think this person filed the lawsuit?
4. Does everyone have the right to file a lawsuit for anything they want?
5. Should this teenager be forced to pay court costs?
For More Practice
Pretend you are the boy's parents. Will you encourage him to file the lawsuit?
Pretend you are the boy's teacher. Why would you assign homework over the summer?
Pretend you are the judge. What will you say to someone who files this kind of lawsuit?
Pretend you are the boy. What will you say to your parents/teacher/the judge?
Role Play any of the above situations with a partner.
design by web design company